We love to create new features on WordPress.com, but we also like to make it easier for you to connect your site with other popular services. We’ve teamed up with the folks at Twitter several times over the years, and we're thrilled to help them unveil the new Follow Button to the world for the very first time today. The new Follow Button makes it easy for your readers to follow you on Twitter without ever leaving your WordPress.com site. Here ar … Read More
I live in Rhode Island, so I know a thing or two about the wonderful world of Del’s Frozen Lemonade. I make this speech every time I go there. It goes something like this: ” I cannot stand when people use straws with their Del’s. It is so un-American. You know when they are not from here when they use a straw. It should be a law that in order to access Del’s in the cup, you must stick your face into it and shake it.” And then, the unthinkable happens: One of my friends will forget my rant and use a straw. No words come out of my mouth, but ” WHY?!” The speech comes before/after I spy a perp. Then I feel bad for them. Non Rhode Islanders. And to be clear, I love using straws, I use them all the time, so it’s no offense to the clear plastic tube. It is the people using them with Del’s.
Everyone has them. Your parents, your pet snake, your teachers, especially your teachers. Remember the first day of classes, where your teacher introduces themselves, and by the end of their little speech, either someone does something or they jut add a side note. These side notes include ” Oh, and I hate when students ask to go to the bathroom after class started after lunch” or something teachery like that. The fact that your teacher rattles off these pet peeves is to make both your lives better. Who wants to get kicked out of class just because they have a weak bladder and poor judgment of time? I am asking if you have any, or a few, major pet peeves that was so bad that you flipped out at a stranger? You really do not have to answer that, but I would love to know! Since this post is about pet peeves, I will rattle off the many things that really grind my gears. Here goes nothing:
1. One word, or grammatically incorrect texts. The words/letters bother me: U,ur, h8 and so on. I must admit, I am one of those people who texts in perfect form, with the punctuations and voice to match. The only times I abb. is : TTFN, BFN(only sometime), LMHO( laughing my headband off) and that is about it. And usually, after I crafted a witty text, I get: K ( K?! I cannot stand it, especially when it is lower case. Don’t you have time to at least capitalize it?!) or ha, lol, and I know/no. GRRR! Basically, the way I text would be the same way I write an essay. Long and all over the place.
2. Jay walkers. There is a line for a reason. End of story. I may start to rant again. I especially cannot stand when they are eating ice cream, because they get to be outside and I have the risk of hitting them when their visors block their eyes from the on coming traffic. And because they get ice cream, but that is besides the real point I am trying to make. My grandparents lived in Wolfeboro, NH, the oldest summer resort/town in America, so I know about this. Tourist bother me, too. Jay walkers: Since its a law, I cannot hit you.
3. People who drive to fast behind me. I go the speed limit. People usually do not, but I guess that means there a=is another reason why I am so special. Sometimes, if I go the long way down my street to my house, I tend to get aggressive drivers behind me. So, to be that kind of person, I tap my brakes lightly when I pass my neighbors house, then I go slowly. The best part? Going into my driveway extremely slowly, then see how fast the person goes around my car. I make sure to swing in big time, even though our drive way is large. But when this happens, with the rush of ruining someone’s day by going 5 miles an hour, I realize I have to repark 3 more times to get it right. That was my antidote. Basically, I hate one people ride the bumper of the car when you are going to speed limit. That’s why there are signs. Law breakers.
4. The talking dentists/ hygience. I love to talk, and I like to be respect and respond to whatever someone asks/speak to me. So, this has been going on forever. I am sitting in the uncomfortable seat, watching Ellen, and when suddenly, I am pushed backwards and forced to open my trap. Well, that is a little far fetched, but we all know what comes next. Having metal utensils in your mouth makes it very hard to talk. I just wish they would ask the questions before they have their fist in my mouth. And when I attempt to answer, and make weird hand movements until I give up trying and just give a thumbs up. I end up looking like a 3 year old anti-social child. Talking hygienists have always been my pet peeve. The worst is that I still insist on trying to communicate with them. Useless.
1. Make a blog with friends
2. Post videos on YouTube, or start your own account and make weekly videos
3. Have a water balloon fight
4. Set up a lemonade/ice tea stand
5. Have a paint splatter fight
6. Play a yard game! Bocci, croquet, badminton, etc.
7. Set up a Slip and Slide and other sprinklers
8. Have a tea party
9. Become little kids again and draw with chalk on your drive ways. If you are brave enough, do this mission: Write on your neighbors’ and/or friends’ driveway! But only nice things!
10. Buy, or if you already have one, a kiddie pool or two and splash around in it!
11. Go paintball-ing!
12. Go shopping in each other’s closets!
When you have friends over, what do you usually do? Do you have a plan before they arrive, a plan you discussed, or one that is just made. Here are some fun activities that always make the best times with friends! And maybe have inside jokes to make your other friends jeal. Just kidding.
1. Make bow: you can use anything! Ribbon, paper, money, metal, fabric, ect.
2. Tie-dye: there are now kits that do not relay on hawt boiling water and waiting forever to get the dye out of your hands and face.
3. Photo shoot: everyone loves getting pictures of their fun times. And you could put them on Facebook, to once again show how fly you are wearing a boa. Try different looks; silly, edgy, flashy, and vintage.
4. Road trip: take a road trip. The one key to, other than a car and gas, is to have no plan. Or have a destination picked at random and go there. Getting lost is half the fun. So, get out of here and get lost, on purpose!
5. Write a silly story: write a silly story and then print it out to look like a real book!
6. On a side note, make a film: make a film adaption based off your story, or make a parody of you and your friends lives.
Take time to just think. Take a walk and breathe. Don’t worry what you look like, or what you are doing. All you need is a place where you can think and just breathe. And never forget to wish.
6. I used to play the guitar, and I am planning on starting up again very soon!
7. I went through a massive moons and star faze. Everything I had was moons and stars! My comforter, mobiles, a metal sun, my light switch cover, basically I had an obsession. Luckily, in school, whenever we had the galaxy section, I was beast at it, getting A+’s on just about everything! My obsession was good for something.
8. For my Senior Project I ran the annual Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) Fashion Show. It was such a great learning experience! I defiantly want to do it again.
9. I have a massive collection of Vera Bradley and will refuse to throw away them. Well, no one has told me to, yet, but I know my answer will be nope!
10. I am a hoarder. See, I can admit I have a problem! I do not (like to) give away clothes. Not because I do not like helping, I love that, but I cannot get over losing things. I even take my sisters’ birthday cards because I feel bad for her not keeping them. SO: old t-shirts and birthday cards are my kryptonite. I thought it would be better if it was designer bags, but nope, $20 shirts and cards. But I have been able to put everything that does not fit me in massive pile, which makes me happy. This means, more shopping! I am glad that my family donates everything to either our neighbors, or to Big Sisters!
11. My favorite animals are hedgehogs, whales, unicorns and cats/dogs
12. I was obsessed with rocks and I had a big collection of those too!
Basically, here is what I have collected:
Rocks (named all the big ones)
Glow in the dark stars
Sparkly gel pens
Moon and star things
Unicorn stuffed animals